Thinking about a career in Professional Services or Creative & Digital Industries? Career Colleges could be the answer.
Career Colleges increase the range and choice of vocational courses for 16-19 year olds. This unique and innovative model of education helps address the growing skills gap in the UK.
Career Colleges have carefully designed programmes, which incorporate academic study with highly practical vocational and technical education designed to equip you with the skills to enter a career in a particular industry.
The curriculum of each Career College is designed by employers, for employment. You’ll get involved in industry projects with live briefs and develop enterprise and communication skills to prepare you for work and life.
When can I start?
From September 2016, BMet will be offering two exciting new programmes designed by employers to open up as many employment opportunities as possible. The first two Career Colleges will specialise in Creative & Digital Technology and Professional Services. The programme enables our students on Digital Media courses and those studying Business looking to enter the professional services sector, to further enhance their employability skills. The Career Colleges include work placements and live briefs.
Why Digital Media and why BMet?
There are currently 1.56 million jobs in the Digital Tech economy with a £161bn turnover in 2014.
- Average advertised digital salary is almost £50,000
- Birmingham is in the top five employers of digital talent
- The industry accounts for around one-tenth of the whole economy and provides jobs for more than 2.5 million people - more than in financial services, advanced manufacturing or construction
- The UK’s creative industries are one of our biggest success stories and contribute £8.8m an hour to the UK economy (Ed Vaizey MP, Minister of State for Culture and the Digital Economy).
At BMet we’ve partnerships with some of the biggest employers in the creative sector, so you’ll get the chance to work with the likes of: Brewin Dolphin, BT, Glide, The Hot 500, KPMG, Samsung and many more.
Join us to study Digital Media and Creative Studies
- IT User Diploma Level 2
- Computer Science Diploma Level 3
- Creative Computing Diploma Level 3
- UAL Art & Design Diploma Level 2
- UAL Graphic Design & Advertising Animation Diploma Level 3
- UAL Photography, Lens & Light-Based Image Diploma Level 3
Courses include pathways in Graphic Design, Advertising and Web Design, Games Development, 3D Animation and Architectural Visualisation, TV and Film Special Effects and Digital Video and Broadcast Media.
Why Professional Services and why BMet?
Greater Birmingham has the largest regional business, financial and professional services hub in the UK.
- It brings £23bn (25% of GVA) into the region
- Employs nearly 220,000 people in over 21,000 companies
- Is home to over 300 company headquarters
- Is home to one of the largest legal centres in Europe
- All key sub-sectors, including finance, legal and insurance, have significant presence in terms of firms and higher skill levels.
At BMet you’ll benefit from our Greater Birmingham Professional Services Academy and our unique partnerships with some of the country’s leading organisations including: Deloitte, Deutsche Bank, Gateley PLC, GVA, KPMG, Lloyds Bank, Laser UK, Wesleyan and many more.